Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What I'm Wearing Wednesday- Back to School Stitch Fix Score



Hey there!  My friend Jessica has a linky party called What I'm Wearing Wednesday and she has asked me to join a few times.  I told her I couldn't because I don't know how to take selfies.  So, she showed me how while we were in Vegas, but I'm still not very good at it!
Buuuuuuut, I totally scored on my last Stitch Fix and wanted to share it with you!  If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, click HERE and you can check it out for yourself!  Basically you answer some questions about your body and style and a stylist picks out clothes for you and then sends them to your house!  You try them on and send back anything that doesn't fit or you don't like (for FREE).

I've had four fixes I think.  I tried to look it up but I couldn't find how many.  I think it's 4.  I usually keep one or two items.  If you like all 5 pieces, you get 25% off the items.  So, I wanted to keep all 5 each time but usually the fit wasn't quite right.

See, my problem area is my lower half.  I'd say I'm pear shaped.  So dresses would fit on my bottom half but be too big on the top.  Or, it would be a shirt that fit well up top but was too tight in my hips.  So annoying.  I hate being pear shaped.  And I hate tight things.  Not my style.  So I started working out this summer and guess what?  I lost inches UP TOP and not in my problem areas (yep, still have all that junk in my trunk!)!  Ugh.  How does that happen?  I'm spinning my legs off but I'm losing weight in my chest?  Just doesn't seem right...anyway...

For the last three fixes I've had the same stylist.  She is AWESOME!  After each fix you give them feedback on their website about each item.  I try to be very specific.  I told her in June that I'm pear shaped, I hate it, and I don't like anything tight around my hips.  And guess what?  She LISTENED!  And, I kept all 5 items in my July fix!!  So, let me show you what she sent me!

(Now, please forgive the pictures!  I told you I don't take good selfies.  My 9 year old daughter took them.  She is about a foot shorter than me.  So she was angling the phone up to take the pictures which is so unflattering but I couldn't be upset that she's shorter than me!)

Daaaarn!  The pictures are a lot darker on here than they look on my phone!!  Well, here are two pieces from my fix!  Now, I told you before, I do NOT like tight.  And these are skinny jeans.  So they are tight.  Very tight.  But, they have stretch in them so they are comfortable.  They are a really pretty kelly green (which you can't see in this picture...grrrr).  Now, I almost said no to them because they are so tight.  But I asked Jessica to give me her opinion and she said they are just right for skinny jeans (tight, but not too tight) so I'm trusting her on that.  The blue polka dotted shirt is super comfy!  It's loose and flowy, without looking too big.  There is a cross across my back, but I was not about to show you a picture of my backside!  ;O)

Here is a dress from my fix.  Now, again, it's very form fitting which is not generally something I'd go for in a dress, especially with horizontal stripes on the lower half, but again, it's SUPER comfortable and I can throw pretty much any colored cardigan over it and even leggings under it in the winter.
Also, I'm 5'4" so I'm an odd height.  I'm not short enough for petites but not quite tall enough for regular length.  Ankle pants usually hit me weird, so I was so excited about the green pants!  It can also be a problem with dresses and skirts.  I know for sure one skirt my stylist sent me was very A-lined and flowy and it made me look stumpy.  Well, my stylist mentioned that with the skirt below.  She said she picked an A-line that wasn't as flowy and she nailed it!  (I love that she looks back to see what she sent and why it didn't work, and then adjusts!)
The coral shirt is see-through and has adorable flutter sleeves.  I'm not sure if it was meant to go with this skirt but I put them together and I think it works.  The houndstooth skirt is awesome and comfortable!  A teacher I work with is a huge Alabama fan and she is going to freak over this!  The angle my daughter took the picture from doesn't do it justice.  It's the perfect fit, style, and length.  I should have put shoes on with all of these but it was enough trying to get pictures of three outfits with two boys running in and out of the pictures, so I was trying to change quick!  I think you get the idea though!  ;O)

I love that everything is comfortable, can be worn back to school immediately, and she kept the shirts flowy on top.  I've always loved everything sent to me!  Seriously!  I always open the box and pull it out and oooooo and ahhhhhhh!  It's kind of sad, though, when something adorable comes and it doesn't fit.  This time, I was soooooo excited when it all worked!  I know some people have used Stitch Fix and haven't had the same stylist each time.  I guess I got lucky because it totally makes a difference!  Now that she knows where my head is at with my body issues and my style, I think she'll keep nailing it!!

If you haven't tried Stitch Fix, go check it out!  They didn't ask me to blog about it and I get nothing in return.  I just wanted to share my happiness about my last fix!  What are YOU wearing?  ;O)

17 comments:

  1. I love everything you got, and I'm so glad you kept the skinny jeans!!!!! Haley did a great job taking your pictures. :) And you are NOT A PEAR. Or any fruit. You are fabulous. xoxo
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! My favorite has to be the dress. It is very flattering on you. Enjoy your new clothes!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great outfits!! Everything looks great and you do not look like a pear! Plus your floor is super clean - that is why I do not post pics from my house - I would have to clean first : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfits!
    Just ordered mine...August 16th delivery date! can't wait.
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all ESPECIALLY the adorable dress. It fits you perfectly!!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love everything you got! I'm going to check out what stitch fix is all about!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress! I am 5'4" too. I completely feel your pain. Pants, in general, are such a pain to find a pair that fits correctly. Your selfies were awesome! Enjoy your new clothes.

    Krystyn
    Ms Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! That dress looks great!! I love a nice, comfy dress! I'm really contemplating Stitch Fix…but it may be that or Cabo for Christmas and I think Cabo is going to win. :) Keep sharing what you get!
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, all of the outfits are adorable! I am definitely going to check out the store! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in everything!!! I think the skinny jeans are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look awesome and you are NOT a pear. The dress and skirt are fabulous!
    I'm still thinking about Stitch Fix. Maybe something in the fall.
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it all on you! I started trying Skinny Jeans this year...only problem, I need to get Skinny! I still haven't tried Stitch Fix yet. I love looking at everyones' picks though!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amanda! I'm your newest follower! I am getting so tempted to try Stitch Fix from looking at everyone's posts! All of your clothes turned out so cute! LOVE those green pants and the dress! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! :)

    Kelsey
    http://growinggracefullyinthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gray knit dress is PERFECT for you! Stitch Fix nailed that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has proven to be much better for the students and other professionals to regard about all those facts and evident principles. reword my sentence

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...