Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Freebie


We are linking up with TBA for their:


I shared these yesterday but in case you didn't get to see them:

These are the Nonfiction Summarizing Graphic Organizers we used when we did our Who is Neil Armstrong? book study (you can find the link to that unit here).  For each chapter, we were working on summarizing. I did NOT make them summarize each chapter because that would have killed the book, but we did do it with 3 of them since that skill is hard.  Since nonfiction has different elements, we had to think differently on how to summarize.


We did the top organizer first. Then we transferred that to the bottom one, writing in complete sentences.  From there, we created a paragraph for the chapter (yes, even in 4th grade we are still working on paragraphs.  Sigh).  I hope you find them helpful!  I know that these are simple, but sometimes simple is best!  Feel free to pin these on Pinterest if you like them!!  (I haven't figured out how to put that Pin it button on my pictures- if anyone wants to give a girl some help on that one, I'd really appreciate it!!)

*Amanda*
PS- We are new to blogging and are always looking for new followers and blogs to follow and we LOVE comments!!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog! I stopped by yours and am now YOUR newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that I found your blog - it is adorable and full of fabulous ideas :) thanks for sharing the awesome freebie! I am thrilled to be your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my little blog :) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog....it's adorable, and love your creations! Found you through "Teaching With Moxie's" post for new bloggers!!! I'm your newest follower!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following us!! And for your sweet comments!!

      Delete
  4. I just found your cute blog! I'm your newest follower.
    Christy
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blog! I feature new bloggers every Tuesday. If you are interested, email me. Take a look at any Tuesday post on my blog if you're wondering what it looks like.
    :) dana
    Fun in 1st Grade
    dml8609@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this summarizing activity!
    Mary

    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...