Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reindeer Fun!



Okay, I absolutely love the holidays! :) I love the shopping, the songs, the decor, all of it! And I especially LOVE the fun holiday activities I do with my students. 

I am a huge Jan Brett fan, and The Wild Christmas Reindeer is a fabulous book to use in December. A young girl is asked to prepare the reindeer for Santa's Christmas Eve flight. She learns a valuable lesson that all children can relate to. 

The Wild Christmas Reindeer


After I read this book, I do a variety of activities with my kids. I have a unit that can be used with grades 1-4. 

Click Here


I also enjoy doing craft activities with this book and I have found some awesome ideas. Check out these links below. 

Totally fun Christmas activity for kids! This reindeer game uses holiday printables and is an easy Christmas craft the whole family can enjoy.
Click here for source
Katie created this adorable reindeer! Please look at her blog for ideas. I would like to use this reindeer in my classroom after I read The Wild Christmas Reindeer. I would use this as a partner activity. I could have small cards in the reindeer mouth labeled with words from the story and the students could pick out a word and determine the part of speech. Then, if they get it correct, they keep the card and the partner draws a card. Whoever ends up with the most cards, wins! Do you have any other ideas?

This would be a great holiday party craft or a wonderful parent gift for the holidays! Thumbprint ornaments- fun and easy! I can't reach the original link, but I found this on Pinterest.

Reindeer Thumbprint Ornaments - Made with Acrylic Craft Paint
Click here for source

Another cute idea! Reindeer cards for parents, grandparents, or other teachers in the school. 
Click here for source

Please let me know if you have any other reindeer ideas! Happy December 1st!  :) 



2 comments:

  1. Such cute reindeer! Thanks for linking up;0)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting!! We are new at blogging. Any advice? Please visit the link so we can give you the freebie of your choice!!

      Collaboration Cuties Freebie Giveaway

      Delete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...