Friday, May 3, 2013

Ecosystem Mini book, Area and Perimeter Project, Imagination Day {Five for Friday Flashback}




Happy first Friday in May!!!  :O)

We are back to review our week with these lovely ladies, Kacey and Amanda for:


fiveforfriday  


We are working on our ABC Countdown to 5th grade and on Monday we had Imagination Day.  We had this tic-tac-toe board that students could choose from:


Here are some of the fun things that my students came up with:




They had a lot of fun!!
We also worked this week, in math, on reviewing area and perimeter.  I gave the students 1-cm grid paper and gave them a task.  I tried to get them to make an arena (Area Arena...for alliteration, of course) but they did not want to do that.  :O( They wanted to create their dream home and yard.  So, I gave into them.  :O)

Here are some examples of their maps.  They had to draw it, color it, find the area, find the perimeter, and if it wasn't labeled, make a key.



I had my students create Ecosystem Mini Books as a way to evaluate what they had learned during the unit. They did a fabulous job! If you would like to make these, they are only $2.00 in our store


I have some true artists in my room!  :)

Okay, I have to share my new double scalloped sparkly daisy frames I made. I am really proud of these!  :)  There are 14 clear background frames and 14 white background frames. I LOVE that they look so Springy and Cheerful!




And last but not least, some Sparkly Chevron Papers! Can you tell I like sparkle??? Hehehe........I am just having so much fun making all of these.  :)




*Okay, and here is the Special HAPPY FRIDAY deal! If you buy one set of clipart from us, you can get one free (of equal or lesser value)!!! Just make your purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers and then email us at cutesyclickables@gmail.com and tell us which clipart product you bought and your username you bought it under and which one you want for free and I will send it to you! So, email your TPT username, the product you bought, and the product you want for free! That's it! :) This special deal will end Sunday night....

Have a great Weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie. That will be great to use with my kiddos during the last weeks of school. Happy Friday!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ABC Countdown idea! Looks fun...bet the kids love it!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the imagination day tic-tac-toe board! I am totally using it next week! The area and perimeter project looks great too! I'm headed over to your TPT store now to check out your cute clipart sets!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Imagination Day! We are doing an ABC countdown too! Our I day will be Monday and it's "Ice-cold treat day"...
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing the ABC countdown idea and now this freebie! My teaching buddy and I just made our countdown calendar today - we start MAY 22nd!!!!! Your borders look fantastic. I love the go-cart track - wish we had one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls,
    That SpongeBob is sooo creative...love it. The chevron papers are adorable...love me some chevron. xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imagination Day sounds like so much fun!!! How cute are the daisy frames...love!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your area and perimeter dream houses! That is just the activity that I might have time for now that crunch time is over:)

    We are looking forward to the ABC countdown calendar starting on May 13th thanks to you (I still have to make it and have a week left...prioritize:)! Imagination Day looks great!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be the time of year for Geometry! I just blogged about a Surface Area lab that my students completed this week. I made Nets out of boxes. They had a blast!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. First I'm super jealous that you're so much farther along in your ABC Countdown than we are! Second, those frames are ADORABLE! You're so talented, girls!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...