Friday, May 17, 2013

Student Motivation, Career Day, Ecosystem Dioramas, and more... {Five for Friday Flashback!}




Here we are again.  Another week gone by.  I still can't believe we're halfway into May.  Wow.

Anywho, we are here to link up with the lovely ladies, Kacey and Amanda for:

fiveforfriday  



We are working on our ecosystem shoebox dioramas.  Here they are working:


This is what my back table looks like:

I don't handle chaos and disorganization very well.  So this sight makes my stomach hurt.  A lot.  So, I'm not going to look at it.  And I'll be glad when I can clean it up.  But, we haven't finished our dioramas yet.  Those pictures will come next week when we are finished.  But this mess....blech....!  ;0)

We had our class party outside today.  It had started sprinkling but then the sun came out in all it's blazing glory.  The kids didn't care, though, and I think they had fun.  We did a relay party.  Here's two...the first is  waiter relay...the second, the penny on the shoe.  The first one they had to weave through cones holding a Frisbee with a water bottle.  The penny one they had to walk with a penny on their shoe and try to get it in a bucket without touching it.  That one was hard.  :O)

We had several more, but I started playing and forgot to take pictures!  Oops!

My roommom painted this ceiling tile and I had the kids sign in each feather.  They were so excited to see it up on the ceiling!!
So, the first one it's on the floor.  The second picture it's up in the ceiling.  No, I'm not laying on the nasty floor.  Didn't you see #1?????  
**Updated after a few questions- We buy the tile.  It's not the school's tile.  Then the custodian (LOVE HIM) comes in and pulls the school's tile out and replaces it with the painted one.  Then he takes the white one away and stores it.  That way, if I move rooms, the tile always goes with me, because it's mine.  :O)
We had Career Day on Tuesday.  We had several different careers represented.   A favorite was computer programming.  They even shared a site call Scratch that teaches kids how to computer program!  

Here's my daughter dressed up as her future career choice:
She wants to be a teacher.  Hmmmmm, I wonder where she got that from??  ;O)
And, finally, I finished the Motivation Bracelets that I blogged about HERE. (I am linking this up with sweet Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching since many didn't get to see them).  The short story is, I needed to thank some of my students for doing their best on assignment that most of the class didn't even try on.  I had seen an awesome pin on Pinterest from this blogpost from KindergartenWorks and then used that as inspiration for these bracelets (you really should check out this post- it has freebies and tips about this too!).  I was surprised at how excited the class was to receive these bracelets, but whatever works at this point in the year, I'm all for it!!

I promised I'd make more as a freebie, so here ya go!  Just click the pic!


 
Have a wonderful weekend!
Amanda

21 comments:

  1. yay for your ceiling tile!!! :) we'll be making ours next week together. :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power Quadrant System, an overview developed by Ric and Liz Thompson based upon old schedules created in order to help individuals uncover their real objective in life and also discover a method to earn cash doing it, has actually captured the interest of mojo, motivating an investigatory evaluation.

      Much way too many individuals go throughout life and also their jobs doing the exact same point everyday that just merely does not make them satisfied. Locating a method to resolve this issue is specifically just what Ric and also Liz Thompson's Power Quadrant System benefits. It aids individuals basically decipher themselves making use of the essentials of the old schedule system to really find just what they take pleasure in doing, as well as overviews them to means they could really do exactly what they desire for a living, as well as earn money doing it.

      Power Quadrant System is based upon the property that the Roman schedule currently utilized by the bulk of the globe's society has significant defects, as well as removed a number of the essential components that were had in the old schedules utilized by the Aztec societies of South America up till the Spanish Invasion of the 1600's. In old times, societies utilized these schedules in order to help identify that they were to wed and also exactly what profession they would certainly be best at making a living. After experiencing their very own job frustration, Ric as well as Liz Thompson invested greater than 10 years creating the secret code of the Power Quadrant System that opens the trick of old schedules in order to help individuals locate their real identification in life. The program is an easy-listening sound track that aids individuals recognize the system in simply 53 mins, as well as could likewise be published out in 7 web pages.

      Living a life that makes one miserable, particularly in a profession course, often ultimately results in fatigue, demotivate, paralysis, or even clinical depression. For simply a couple of bucks, individuals could utilize Power Quadrant System to discover brand-new significance in their life and also obtain a general enhanced degree of fulfillment.

      If you're really interested, click the link in the description to learn the secrets: >>> To Know More About Power Quadrant System <<<






      Delete
  2. Those outdoor games for your party sure sound fun! And your daughter is too cute- looks like she enjoyed being a teacher!
    Happy weekend!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your daughter wants to be a teacher like you!! We are working on ecosystems too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I don't handle chaos well either so I feel your pain. :) It's all for a good cause, so you'll be fine.
    I grabbed your bracelets! Thanks, I love them.
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ceiling tile is precious! What a great idea. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those motivation bracelets!! What a great idea:) Thanks so much for sharing!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally feel you on hating the clutter on your back table! Last week, we made products for our class store and the room was a HOT MESS for two days and it almost drove me to insanity! I LOVE these motivation bracelets- thank you so much for sharing!!! By the way, I kind of copied you.... I love how you use the cute numbers that match your blog for these posts, so I did that on mine, too! I hope you don't mind :/

    Have a great weekend!!!
    Kelly
    Koonce’s Korner

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ceiling tile! And oh the mess and clutter....I'm with you! One of my teaching partners is a slob...being in his room makes me itch...When I am in their I am covertly straightening things and cleaning up...I can't help myself! :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I used the wrong THERE spelling! My 2nd graders would be so ashamed. :)
      Jean

      Delete
  9. The clutter makes me shudder too! I can't stand it!
    How cute is your daughter? Just adorable! I love her skirt too:)
    The ceiling tile idea is genius! I wonder if my school would let me do that if I bought the tile? They are so strict and probably would say it is a fire hazard or something:/
    Of course, I already downloaded your awesome bracelets:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ceiling tile is a great idea! Thanks for the bracelets. Happy final days:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much to love! The tile, the cutie dressed as a teacher, the freebie. Looks like an awesome week!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that ceiling tile!!! I wish my school would let us do that. Thanks for sharing and the freebie!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word! I LOVE that ceiling tile! That is such an amazing idea! I must find out if my school would let me do that!

    Thanks for sharing the freebie!

    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad to find you! What great ideas! Our kids are coming dressed up in their future profession too. Did you see the adorable black and white poster on Pinterest of the kids holding a chalkboard with their profession written on it? I think you'ld love it! We make a paper doll that is dressed in their profession. I posted it this week on Five for Friday.It's actually a math project (too complicated for k) from Marylyn Burns called 1/2 Size Me. I taught 3rd grade years ago and did this with them. Great project! I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the free bracelets! I'm wondering if we'd be allowed to paint a ceiling tile...that is a really cute idea.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your daughter's pic on instagram, so cute. My sweetie had to dress as a family member this year and she dressed like her teacher mommy as well. So fun!
    Thanks for the freebie.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for the freebie to follow up last week's post! They are adorable! :)
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  18. The braceletes looks great! Thanks so much sharing with everyone! You girls are the sweetest! Thanks for linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Amanda,
    I'm so glad you love the bracelets. I found this post through TBA's FF as I'm searching for posts to feature for a May featured round up. I'd love to feature these. I also just created bracelets to help make our upcoming field trip a breeze ;)
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...