Tuesday, May 21, 2013

End of the Year Gift for Students {Tried It Tuesday Tricks of the Trade}



Hey there!

I am here to share what I gave to my students today for their end of the year gifts!


I used the words that came off of their gold coins seen below (which I blogged about HERE) and typed them into Wordle.  Voila!  Instant gift!


The more times you type a word in Wordle, the bigger it is, which is why her name is the biggest (I typed that three times), then 4th grade (I typed that two times), and then all of the other words I typed in once.  I'd probably do it differently next year but this worked for this year!  I just got the frame at Dollar Tree.  Still, not my favorite frame but it will have to do!

Of course, since my classroom theme is owls, I had to do this:


a candy treat bag!!!

My students really loved the picture framed Wordles and the treats!  I was surprised that they liked the pictures so much, honestly, but I got tons of hugs this morning when they came in and saw it!  Let's just hope they all made it home today without breaking!!

Our thoughts and prayers are still with all of those in Oklahoma who were affected by the tornado.  It's just so scary and so sad!  My heart breaks for all of those families!

Oh yeah!  And I'm linking this up with two wonderful ladies!!

Holly for:

And I'm way late for Jessica and Becky's party for:


Tomorrow is our last day of school.  I will miss this group of kids a ton!!  I'm gonna be sad tomorrow but I hope that YOU have a wonderful day!
Amanda

19 comments:

  1. I have 9 days left, but I feel your pain for tomorrow-I love my class this year! I've already cried a few times! I'll be a wreck on the last day! I love Wordle! What a perfect memento for your kids to remember their year with you!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! What a great gift! Enjoy your last day of school!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wordle but I have never used it as a gift. What a sweet and thoughtful gift. I am sure they loved them!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Wordie. I am considering doing this for my kids. I think I may ask each of the students for adjectives for their classmates! Enjoy your last day of school!

    Rosie
    Rosie's Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts. I love the Wordie...I may try that this year. We have 11 1/2 days left-still plenty of time to fit it in, right?

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our last day is tomorrow too! I really like those Wordles. They turned out very nicely. The goodie bag is adorable too!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *LOVE* your Wordle idea! I am stealing that. For sure. End of story. :)
    I already stole your gold coin idea, so it should be easy to steal this one too! hahahah

    Enjoy your last day - cherish every moment!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! I love the Wordie idea...that's a new one for me :) Have a wonderful "last day". Ours is next Friday, and as much as I'm ready, it will definitely be bittersweet.

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! Your kiddos will be able to keep those forever! Enjoy your last day!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great end of the year gift! I love the Wordle and the gift bag. I bet your students will read them over and over! I can't believe tomorrow is your last day - we are just starting our ABC countdown tomorrow (thanks again for that idea), so that's right we have 26 more days with our kids and 1 teacher work day!! Have a great day tomorrow - try to keep it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy the last day with your students. It is nice when we are able to make a fresh start with a new group. Every now and again we get that class that we wish would stay one more year. I have an owl theme this year, too, so I will be your treat bag label. Thanks for sharing!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I just used wordle for the first time for a good-by gift for a co-worker. Maybe next year for the kiddos. Tomorrow is our last day, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wordle is just so great and these gifts really turned out so cute! Happy almost summer!!!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wordles you made for the students! They liked to Mother's Day ones so much that I may have to use that. Of course, I LOVE your owl gifts! My students would get a kick out of that because they are always joking about my love for owls since they are everywhere in my room:) Haha!! Thanks for the awesome ideas as always:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am your newest follower! I found you via Joy in the Journey's blog contest. I can't wait to read more of your posts!!!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea! I've been racking my brain as to what to give my kiddos, and I think they would really love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look amazing! I bet the kids loved them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these! Do you have your bag fold overs on TPT? I would love to use those as my room theme was also owls! So cute!
    Heidi
    inthatroomwithheidiharrell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...