Saturday, May 11, 2013

Five for Fr-aturday. Yep, we're late...



We are definitely late on sharing our week with you and Kacey for:

fiveforfriday

Better late than never, right???  Pure craziness has ensued at my house with all things end of the year so we have been a bit absent!  Sorry!!!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week!  Here were some goodies that I got from my class throughout the week.  They were very sweet and thoughtful and made me smile!


I'm pretty sure my roommom loves Pinterest as much as I do because each gift had a clever saying on it!!  It made my week!!

We had field day. At opening ceremonies, the teachers do a tug of war.  There's me.  Bound and determined for upper grades to win.  It wasn't meant to be.  :O(

Then, the next day, we had field day...all day...in the blazing heat.  Our classes battle each other during tug of war.  My class came in 2nd place.  We almost had it.  But, then we didn't.  So.  It's ok.  They tried really hard!

Did you know there was a sale this week for Teacher Appreciation at TpT?  Well, my wallet sure knows there was a sale.  Holy Moly!!  Here are a few things we snagged!



Our school has a book cover illustration contest each year.  Students have to choose a book from the media center and then create their own cover for the book, using no words or numbers.  Here are a few so far:

The Pigeon Wants a Puppy by Mo Willams

I forgot to get the name of this one!

Here's our Freebie using our new clipart we bought!


Have a great weekend!
Amanda
Freebie Fridays

12 comments:

  1. That's a fun contest! Too bad about field day- our school doesn't have one (boo!) but it looks like you had fun anyway!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tug of war at field day! One student brought in gloves - he was determined to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'd be so scared of tug of war!!! You are so good!! Love the book covers, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss teacher tug of war!! ;-) I guess we can forgive your tardiness. :-P
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teachers are allowed to participate in the tug of war with their class at my school. I was telling someone else who also posted about the tug of war, that we have a teacher so obsessed with winning each year that she actually has her students practice and watch you tube videos beforehand to prepare!

    Jessica
    http://literacyspark.blogspot.com/2013/05/spark-student-motivation-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fun week! You have some great artists in your class!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last time my class participated in tug of war. The boys decided to let go of the rope at the same time. The girls went flying backwards. Three ended up in the clinic. Two boys ended up in the principal's office. The remaining boys ended up back in my classroom. I ended up monitoring them for the remainder of field day, while the P.E. teacher took the girls for the rest of field day.

    I'm glad your tug of war was more successful!
    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was late too and our weeks are a little similar :) Thanks for the Freebie, I {HEART} all of your grammar sheets!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tug of war looks like SO much fun! I had to laugh at Jessica's comment because I could totally see myself prepping my kids with strategies to win:)
    Those book covers are amazing! How fun!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teacher tug of war?? I'm going to see if our coach will set up a primary vs intermediate! Bring it primary teachers!! :O)
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our grade is the only one to do a field day. We organized it ourselves because there wasn't one! That tug of war looks intense!

    I LOVE the freebie! Thank you so much!

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love field day but the kids get to play tug of war, not us. I am so suggesting we give it a try this year! ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...