Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Math Manipulatives Storage and Organization


Happy Wednesday, Y'all!

Okay, we are linking up with our BBB Jivey to share our storage/organization  ideas for math manipulatives. It's part of her Workshop Wednesday Linky.

Now before I show you how I organize mine, I want to say that I don't really like it that much because it is not cutesy enough, but it is functional and easy. So, I guess for now that's okay.....maybe this summer I will "cutesy" them up.   :)

I try to keep all of my math supplies on one bookcase in my classroom. So I can refer to it as my  math bookcase. On the bookcase I have the manipulatives organized into individual containers. They are all labeled so that I can (or the students can) find them quickly. I also love that I can grab one of my little containers and have it ready to go for a lesson. Alright, I have to be honest and say that not ALL of my math manipulatives fit on this shelf but the ones I use the most are...the other ones are in a cabinet in the closet.  :)

So here are a few photos:




So ideally I want all of my boxes to match and coordinate with my classroom theme, but.......that's what the summer is for!  :)  

I would LOVE to hear how you store your math manipulatives!

Have a great evening!
Stacia  :)

8 comments:

  1. They are so organized! Mine are no where near that organized (yet or maybe ever! :). Very nice!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up Stacia!! You can come organize mine next. ;-) hence why I didn't take a picture of my math shelf. Haha!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the bins - especially the dice one. Yours are way better than mine. I plan (one day) to make nice labels for all of the bins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of how organized your manipulatives are! I should really work on that...You will be my inspiration! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing other teachers' classroom organization in action.
    Thanks!

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use flip lid boxes! Where did you get those?

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flip lid for the dice...great idea! PS I love the summer project classroom to-do list...mine has been started for quite some time now and is getting pretty long!! Hopefully I will have time to get all of my "project" done!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is really good for all newbie here.
    free chroma key software

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...