Monday, May 27, 2013

Must Have Monday and New Year New Gear!


Hey there!  I've been meaning to write this post all day but all of a sudden I realized it's getting late and I better get to it!  Summer is making me lazy already...oh boy!

So, I'm going to keep it simple.  :O)

I'm linking up with some fabulous bloggers!  Sabra from Teaching with a Touch of Twang for



I am going to link up some supplies that I can't live without (or I can't let my students live without) for next school year!

For my students:


We pretty much do everything in a composition notebook.  Reading, writing, science, social studies, grammar, word study, and math.  They all have a journal that we use throughout the year.  We do a lot of pasting in our classes.  It has really worked well for us for the last 2 years!


We do interactive note-taking in our journals and we love to let the kids use colored pencils or markers.  We also use highlighters to help us note what is most important!
A pencil pouch is a must for all of these fun supplies!!

And, of course, sticky notes!!  We use sticky notes for when we are reading but really, we use them all the time, so they all have their own sticky notes (and of course so do I)!!

Now, on to supplies for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

 
I super SUPER love pens.  Super love.  It's really probably not healthy.  At all.  But I do.  And these are my very favorite right now.  I use them all the time.  I tried to use some others but, nope.  These pens make my heart (and hand) happy!!  If you have not tried the PaperMate Flair pens, I strongly encourage you to do so!  And the Bic Bold Crystal pens are inexpensive, come in fun colors, and write oh so nice!!  

 

Sharpies- enough said...
I love these markers for grading papers.  I am anti-red pen.  No one wants to think their paper is bleeding because of all of the red ink...

I super love my Classroom Friendly Supplies pencil sharpener.  And if I had my choice, all of our pencils would be:

But I don't live in fantasy land so it's ok if they are just regular pencils, since I have that super fabulous pencil sharpener!
I have become a mechanical pencil snob (sort of like the pen snob that I am).  These are now the only mechanincal pencils I can use.  I was using another brand and the lead kept breaking constantly in mid-writing.  It was so annoying.  These don't do that!  I use these for planning!  It's got the erasers that twist up when you need them and you can replace the eraser.  Totally worth the extra money!
I have to have some form of a calendar posted so I can keep up!  This year I used a desk calendar, and as long as my desk wasn't covered in piles of stuff, it worked great!  ;O)

Ok, I can go on and on, but I won't.  


(disclaimer- I have not been asked to review any of these products.  I just really love them!!)

Also, Amanda from Teaching Maddeness is celebrating 6 years for having her Teacher's Clubhouse store and she is doing a different giveaway for the next 6 weeks.  Check out the freebie for this week!  You have GOT to go download it!  It's super awesome!!



Also, if you haven't picked up the Moore Relief Effort Bundle from Teacher's Notebook yet, you only have one more day!  You can get $2,200 worth of products for a minimum donation of $20.  I don't know that I will ever be able to go through all of it!  Please run over and donate today!

carousel 1
I hope you had a great weekend!
Amanda

13 comments:

  1. LOL! I hear you about the pens! I've been obsessed with pens since I was a little kid. I think I have each of the ones that you are displaying!

    LOVIN' the You Know You're a Teacher sign... so, so true!

    Angela
    The Teacher's Desk 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girls,
    Just poppin in for a quick visit. Love those linky party ideas. I have some stuff I can't live without for sure. I have 8 more days. Whoo-hoo!
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about that pencil sharpener! I might have to order myself one and give it a try. Love all your supplies and I am your newest follower :)

    Angie
    Teaching with Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I have no idea how to check whether I have my email address visible or not :) so here it is:

      angeladawns@hotmail.com

      Delete
  4. I definitely agree about the flair pens, sticky notes, and composition notebooks. I didn't realize how obsessed I was with office supplies until I started cleaning out my desk at the end of the year. Oh dear.

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with pens and pencils too. Unhealthily so. Sadly for some reason I can't see your pics but I MUST know what mechanical pencils you are loving because I need some new ones. :)
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I am trying this again. You can delete this comment once you tell me if I am still a noreply blogger lol. I tried to fix it. Let me know if it worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "You know your a teacher when" graphic. I already have a few office supplies on my birthday wishlist :)

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the "You know you're a teacher when" sign - too cute! Every year my stocking looks like it came right out of the office supply store! My hubby sure know the way to my heart!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love flair pens!! I used to be a Sharpie addict, but I swear the flair pens last longer.

    One of my former co-workers said the back-to-school sale in August was the hardest...she kept pointing out different things to her husband and he so didn't get it.

    Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree to ALL of that! I love my composition notebooks and our interactive notebooks, those FLAIR pens are by far my favorite AND my fun pencil sharpener is traveling in the mail to me as we speak and I can't wait!!!!! Thanks for linking up all the wonderful must haves!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear by Flair pens for grading and for writing passes - I have had students say, "You really like those pens, don't you, Mrs. Q?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been obsessed with pens forever too! Today I was actually cleaning out my classroom's closet of doom and I found a giant shoe box FROM COLLEGE full of pens from HIGH SCHOOL AND GRAMMAR SCHOOL! They were all furry pens, light up pens, and character pens. I sadly gave it up to be auctioned at the class auction! I needed to let go! lol Thanks for linking up! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...